I got a cell phone. Yes.
I hate phones. I hate having to have a phone. I do not like to answer the phone. I do not like to have to call people. I do not like to talk on the phone. I shudder when the phone rings. I do not like it, Sam I am.
Yet, I now have a cell phone.
Here's the reasoning behind it....
In the last two weeks there have been two murders in my neighbourhood. And by my neighbourhood, I mean within three blocks of where I live. I pass right by one spot on my way to work, the other I pass on my way to the post office.
All just a little too close for comfort for me.
After much thought, and many reasons to not get a phone, I broke down. I got a pay as you go one though, so at least I don't have to pay for it if I'm not using it.
I'm not sure I will realize what it is the first time it rings...
And, I usually have my ipod on loud enough to drown out the screaming and honking on the street when I walk, so I might not hear it.
But...better safe....than dead.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's pretty scary, the murders, not the cell phone ;)
I have one, I never use it, it's rarely charged...so it's not even ready in case of emergency :s
Yikes! You should charge it!
Post a Comment