Back in December 2006, I went to Leon's here in Edmonton and ordered a condo full of furniture. Dining room, living room, bedroom..the whole 9 yards. They delivered everything the day I moved into my condo, about a year and a half ago now.
One of the chairs got broken about 6 months ago. I called the customer service area to request a fix. I called at least once a week. It took them 6 weeks to finally call me back. This is now late January/early February. Finally they sent someone out to fix the chair. He fixed that one, and broke another one, which he thought wasn't put together correctly.
I called customer service again that night to tell them the story and request that they send another chair. The 'fix-it' guy told me to request another chair rather than a fix. So I did. It took another several weeks for them to get a date settled for someone to bring me another chair.
A few weeks ago the delivery guy came to bring me the new chair. I opened the box and there were pieces missing!! I called immediately and got the run around from customer service...they have been terrible to deal with all along the way...they are the worst trained customer service reps I've ever dealt with. Finally I requested to speak to the manager. She got snotty with me because I expected good service (apparently) she told me that I had to be patient because all of the reps are new and just learning...I told her I've been calling for 5 months! She didn't seem to care, so I requested the president's name and sent him an email.
She also told me that my set had been discontinued and they had just delivered me the last chair. We finally agreed that they would bring back the required (unbroken) parts of my old chair and I'd put those together with the good parts of the new chair (unbroken and not missing.)
Just 45 minutes ago the delivery guy came by. Before he left I opened the package to make sure that I had everything I needed. Well...not so much. Instead of 4 spindles, they only sent three. And...the seat was broken. I called while he was still here. It will take 3-6 weeks to get the new spindle in, and when it finally comes in they'll call me and mail it to me.
I've submitted a complaint to the BBB about the customer service, and especially the customer service manager's attitude. That was content of my email to the president of Leon's too. I haven't heard from him. I'm guessing his customer service isn't any better.
If I didn't love the set, I would send it back................but I really love it.............so now I wait.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Still not over?? Yikes - if that isn't a recommendation against Leon's, I don't know what is!
2-5 more weeks.......well, until they send the wrong part...and then who knows??
Post a Comment