Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bats in my belfry??

Well, not exactly...

For the last couple of days, Bentley has been going crazy in the laundry room. Jumping up on the dryer and hanging his head over the vent tube. He's been loving it in there.

Whenever I'd go in there, I'd hear birds. There's a fence not too far outside the wall, so I figured birds were sitting on the fence having a morning chat.

Not so much.

This morning I discovered that a bird had made it's nest in my dryer vent. Was building away and chirping at the same time. No wonder Bent was going crazy. He was inches from a live bird.

I called the property management people, they were sending maintenance over to check it out.

I came home tonight to find the nest and bird gone, but a piece of the outside vent cover also gone.

This is perhaps an invitation to the bird to come back is it not?

Another call to the management company has been made.

No comments: