I went to my new dentist today. Had been once for a check up, and today went to get a filling replaced.
He is not as scary weird as the previous dentist.
He does have hamhocks for hands, (which is better than hooks for hands) and is a little odd, but he is a dentist, so some oddness is to be expected.
I had two needles, a vice around my tooth, lots of drilling, and lots of proding and pushing
I felt nothing.
I still feel nothing.
The freezing has been coming out for the last 3 hours, and I feel nothing.
No pain.
It's weird.
Have I found a really good dentist?
He told I might have pain for 4-6 weeks because he had to put pins in my jaw to hold the filling in....but nothing.
Weird.
Maybe he severed the nerve and I will never feel anything again..........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update...Friday, June 13...
The pain stayed away all night.
Until I went to bed.
Then it felt like some one had driven a knife into my jaw.
A constant, searing, hot pain.
I took a couple of quick release Tylenol.
I was asleep about 10 minutes later.
My jaw under the tooth is a bit swollen this morning.
Other than that all is good.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad you found a somewhat normal dentist. I love my dentist, no, not 'LOVE' my dentist, just love the dental services he provides. He's great and I rarely have any pain!
That sharp searing pain, sounds bad, glad the Tylenol worked quickly.
I think the pain came from the pins...or the insertion points of the pins. Nothing around the tooth hurt.
He does think that anyone should find it easy to learn to read music, and that 'I'd like to teach the world to sing' is a great song...and can play over 400 songs on the piano...which he also says anyone should be able to learn easily. He is odd.
Post a Comment