Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Key to the Queendom!!


Master bedroom


Bathroom - note the walls and vanity!!



Livingroom


Kitchen

Whoo hoo!



I got the keys to the Queendom this afternoon. I spent a few hours at my new home, cleaning and throwing away garbage. Three big bags of crap got tossed...
I swept and washed the floors, cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen and got the lock re-keyed.
I forgot to pick up stuff to clean the windows and mirrors, so that and vaccuming will be on the list for later this week.
The bad news is the previous owner took the fridge and stove, so I'll have to replace those before Saturday, since I can't live there without them. Good luck to me on that!
The place is huge, which of course since it's empty, won't last, but I seriously don't know what I'm going to put in all that space. There are more kitchen cabinets than I may ever need, huge walk-in closets in both bedrooms, an enormous storage room, big cabinets in the bathroom and a hall closet. Plus, a pantry in the kitchen for all the food. My poor little stuff is going to be feeling lonely in all that space.
Sad for the cats, they won't be able to get up onto the cabinets as they go all the way to the ceiling. Once I get a new fridge they should be able to perch on that. There will be so much space for them to patrol, I'm sure they won't mind. It should be way easier to keep up with the cat hair too, since it's hardwood instead of carpet.
Wish I'd had some towels tonight, I'd have hopped into the tub and had a good long soak.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Congrats again! Looks lovely. I'm sure you'll be able to fill it up with lots of nice stuff.

My cats like the top of the fridge, what's with cats needing to be in the highest possible place?

Ownership is fun :)

Wendy said...

Beautiful place!! Congrats!!