It feels really good to say (type) that! It seemed like the home buying process was never going to end...
It sometimes felt like the move was never going to end too...and it only took 4 hours!! At one point in the afternoon I asked my brother Gary if it was 10:00 pm...he said 'No, it's 2:30.' Sure felt like forever to get things loaded up.
But it sure was worth it!! After everything was in and the bed, dresser and dining room table put back together, we went out for dinnner. Then my brothers dropped me off and I started unpacking. 2.5 hours later everything was in its place. And I was exhausted.
I filled the whirlpool tub, hopped in and had a good long soak. I figured I'd sleep really well after that, but no such luck. I lay awake til about 2:00 am. Not fun. Couldn't even sleep late...because I woke up shortly after 7 and couldn't get back to sleep. Too much excitement.
I spent Sunday mostly on the couch, other than going out foraging for food (no fridge or stove til Tuesday)...and napping.
Then it was time for my big date. As I was getting ready I was thinking, if it was anyone else I'd have cancelled, but for Alan Doyle I'd do pretty much anything.
I hauled my tired arse down to the Northern Jubilee...crashed into my (front row) seat and waited. I was afraid of falling asleep. And then...
He came on stage...he looked over to my side (I swear, directly at me (I was wearing pink...everyone else in my row was wearing black)) and grinned...and suddenly...I wasn't tired anymore.
I danced and sang myself to exhaustion for three hours....but it was well worth it. Man, nobody can entertain like GBS. They are the best.
I came home that night, and I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow. Wish I could say I had good dreams, but I don't think I dreamed at all......
Monday I had errands to run, getting the condo fee payments set up, trying to find the person who could get me a key for my mailbox (finally got that today!) and picking up various things like lightbulbs and cleaners.
Sure am sick of eating out. Finally picked up some groceries last night. Had no food, other than chips and licorice in the place til yesterday. Good thing Tim's is only 4 blocks away!!
The stove they delivered was damaged enroute, so they're bringing a replacement tomorrow night. They left the damaged one here so I could use it, but for two days I figure there's no point. Besides, I generally do all the cooking for the week on Sunday, so it would completely throw off my schedule to have it done earlier in the week. My fridge door has to be switched to open the other way, as soon as I get a wrench I'll get that done.
Picked up my mail for the first time today...lots of legal documents from the lawyer and property management company. Oh yeah. But! I did get a cheque from the lawyer, because turns out I had overpaid. Only $25, but hey, every little bit helps.
My brother Chuck (the cable guy) came over on Tuesday night and got everything set up, so my phone, tv and internet are working again. He's coming back Sunday to set up the surround sound system, as it was 10 when he was done on Tuesday.
I'm including a few pictures of home and my boyfriend.......:)
Mr Doyle being Mr Doyle
Singing his heart out

No comments:
Post a Comment